Wednesday 3 July 2013

Bobbi Brown - Makeup Manual

Hello again :)

A couple of years ago I was given the Bobbi Brown make-up manual for my birthday. At the time I read through it but didn't really understand what it meant as I wasn't into make-up as much as I am now. Reading blogs and watching videos has really improved my knowledge about make-up, skincare and all things beautiful in the beauty world.

So when I was sorting out my room when I returned from university I found this book on my windowsill and thought I would give it another read to see if it made any more sense. This book is amazing, I forgot how amazing it really it! As it says it is for beginners and pros, it had everything you could ever imagine you need to know about make-up :)


The book has step by step instructions on how to apply products and which products suit your skin tone, hair and eye colour best :)

They are easy to understand and in detail so you can practise to create the look you want. The book also has equipments lists from basic brushes up to every single one you could imagine. It also explains how to look after them and how long you should keep you products for before they should be thrown out. 



What I thought was extra handy is there are lists of what you should need for different occasions, from travelling to everyday make-up bag. This made me more concise about what I needed to take with me so I didn’t end up lugging my whole make-up collection round with me :P  



I refer back to this book every time I try something new or need to reassure myself about how to apply a product. I think since reading this book, I have become more confidence with my make-up and starting using all my different products which before I wasn’t too sure about :) I really do believe that is book is so good and has taught me a lot! I will have this book for a long time as I develop my knowledge more :)

What's taught you about the beauty world? Any extra tips?

Hope you have enjoyed reading, speak to you soon
Bye :)

2 comments:

  1. I need to get my hands on this! looks good!
    would you like to follow each other on bloglovin?
    let me know :)
    - Janine
    http://theeoptimist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everytime I see this book now I have to think about Wayne Goss ranting about it and it makes me laugh so hard!
    I bought this book too and I think it's good if you want to do someone else's make up like mature skin, hooded eyes and so on!
    Have you seen the youtube video I'm talking about? His name is gossmakeup. He's hilarious :D

    Dolce
    www.letsgetdolce.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...